Thursday 16 September 2010

Cookie comfort

For those not in Hobart, the weather today was horrendous. It was cold, it was rainy, and it was so windy that I was convinced my windows were going to blow in and spray glass all over me. So I retreated to the kitchen for safety and made cookies because they are the best fix for glum, wintery (in Spring!) moods. 
Photo from Donna Hay's website*

I opted for white choc macadamia cookies because I'm a big fan of white chocolate. Too big, some may say. Donna Hay was my expert of choice and I used the recipe from her Chocolate book in the Simple Essentials range. I love that she considers chocolate to be a simple essential, alongside chicken and fruit. Definitely my kind of woman. 

The recipe isn't on her website, but there is one for coconut and white chocolate chip cookies (pictured) which I'm now wishing I'd made today because that's pretty much all my dreams in a biscuit. 

The only changes you need to make to the recipe above for white choc macadamia cookies is to swap the cup of coconut for a cup of chopped, raw and unsalted macadamias, and increase the white chocolate chips to 250g. If I was to make them again, I'd also halve the sugar because the finished product is very sweet.

*Alas, mine did not look this good and I did not want to put you off with shoddy looking cookies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment